Testing the patience and endurance of a Mama
We are officially potty training! And on Day 4, I can say it's not easy. We have been staying home for the most part, near her potty, where accidents are manageable.
- Diapers for night time
- Undies during the day (we have both training undies with extra padding to help with accidents - amazing - and fun Yo Gabba Gabba undies)
- I bring her to the potty at least every hour to try. So far we've had only a couple of accidents and she's so proud when she uses the potty she bolts as soon as she's done and does an ecstatic lap around the house.
- Incentive! We have a sticker chart on the fridge where she puts a 3D colorful gem sticker every time we successfully flush the pee pee to its new home. Full chart trades in for a new toy. She's already asked for Legos.
- After days of hourly pee-pee's she's losing enthusiasm for the whole use-the-potty thing.
- Don't even go there for #2. HOW.
And here's where I beg for suggestions and advice. My mom said we were all fully trained w/in 2-weeks of a similar regimen. But how how on earth do we deal with training of the non-pee-pee kind?
If you can't reach me, you know where I'll be for the next 2 weeks. The bathroom. However, the cuteness of how much Lucy loves her undies makes this all a little easier. She has just learned the term "tighty whities".