Weekend bliss

Last night we rolled Lucy’s bassinet into her room, so she is no longer sleeping right next to my side of the bed. I was lying in bed watching her on the crazy night-vision monitor (I had no idea these things were so high-tech!) even though her room is attached to ours by a doorway with no door. One tiny step away from newborness… This week we plan on extending her bassinet into a crib. We were going to do it last night, but we thought the time would be better spent eating pizza and watching Curb while playing with Lucybear.

I started working last week so I spend so much less time with her than I used to! It’s sad – I hear the nanny reading her books and playing with her downstairs and I get insanely jealous. I can’t complain though – I am lucky enough to be afforded the ability to work from home for a while and it’s working out really well. When I do transition back into the office, I will have built trust and feel comfortable with our nanny being at home alone with Lu. I don’t know how I’d do it otherwise.

I have always been a lover of weekends, but being back at work after 3 months with the little one has made me REALLY appreciate my time not spent working… this past weekend we spent in New York visiting family and friends. It was gorgeous weather so we walked around town with Nat’s parents and I had my first pedicure since 2 weeks before Lucy was born. Can you imagine? I tipped her really well since she was basically dealing with HOOVES. Then I went into the city to meet a bunch of girlfriends for dinner at La Esquina. Great food and it was so great to see my NY friends I haven’t seen in a while!  Since Lucy doesn’t take the bottle anymore though, she fasted the whole evening and half the night while I was gone. Nat and his parents tried with more new and different bottle nipples, but again she refused. Apparently taking a bottle is NOT like riding a bicycle. More on the bottle battle later.

Before heading back to Boston on Sunday, we stopped for a quick visit in Brooklyn to see my sister. We went out for thai food and then hung out at Kristen’s apartment – all in all a great weekend! Precious precious no-work days…

Me and Lu at Aunt Kristen’s:


Comments

Unknown said…
it was so nice to see you! i'm coming to boston next month...i might steal your baby.
k. mukai said…
i love that picture of you and lu! she looks so content. maybe she just really loves brooklyn WHO KNOWS
nikki said…
ha thank you for the pic! i stole it from your twitter. i think she does like brooklyn...

Popular Posts