10 months old

Holy lateness in posting. And perhaps maybe it will be even later since my INTENTION is to post this quickly, however when Lucy wakes up, all bets are off. So, stream of consciousness and lightning typing, here it goes…


Lucy Louise, my silly silly girl. You are 10 months old! And although I’ve said this time and time again… THIS is now my new favorite age. It’s like a light bulb went on in your little head, and you learn and absorb so much. You make it clear that you know exactly what we’re saying and respond. If I say “don’t take your socks off, Lucy!” you immediately grab your feet! And if we say “what noise does a doggy make?” you say “oof, oof, oof”. How wrinkly your brain must be.

And you can do tricks! Sorry about always stuffing a video camera in your face… but you’re too adorable and amazing for us not to try to catch every possible moment. Your dad and I will watch these in future years, hearts swelling. And you won’t comprehend the feeling until you have your own little baby someday. (You’d better believe I’m posting these videos, too! On the internets!)

Your tricks include: clapping hands, waving, pointing, being SO BIG (How big is Lucy?), roaring like a lion, woofing like a dog, blowing kisses, giving hugs and big wet kisses, turning the pages of your books, DANCING to any and all music, and now… [milestone alert] WALKING.

You are the happiest baby – although you are opinionated, you never have meltdowns. You have the biggest 4-toothed smile, and the giant gap between your large front teeth is the best. You behave so well at restaurants and love sitting in the high chair eating big girl food and participating in the conversation. And when people aren’t paying enough attention, you start pointing and waving with this coy little look to get the attention of EVERYONE in sight.

Impossibly, your dad and I love you a million times more than when we brought you home that day, almost a year ago! We love you to pieces, little Lucy Lu.

Comments

Nat said…
Great post! I love you both so much...
k. mukai said…
OMG THAT CURL. IM DYING. i miss her already
Anonymous said…
She is growing up so fast, I am so proud of the love you both have lavished on her. ps. I love her too
lol

Love
Pop Pop
Amanda said…
is the intention of your blog to make others tear up?
I think she gets more adorable every day.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing and I love you a million times more every day!

Love, Mom
Fritzy said…
happy birthday lu!
Juro said…
Wow - she is just SOOOO big! ;)

Popular Posts