Oh yea! I have a blog!

I have been off the grid lately for a good reason, you guys.  I have been super sick.  I don't know if it was food poisoning or a stomach bug or some kind of Alien vs. Predator situation happening in my guts, but I was vomiting for 4 days.

I know what you're thinking.  I'm not pregnant.

I went to the Cape with my mom and Lucy on Tuesday, went out for lunch, food shopping, then out to dinner together, ready for a nice 3-day relaxing mini-vaca.  But Tuesday night about an hour after I went to bed, I woke up with stomach pain and the barfies which lasted until morning.  I didn't sleep a wink.  (I admit, at first I was like OH COME ON, ONE OF 'EM'S GOTTA BE ON PURPOSE! but the high fever and zero appetite proved it was just some kind of bug.)

I felt guilty that I ruined the vacation since instead of eating and shopping and walking and reading and having wine by the fire, I spent the whole vacation with my head in the toilet.  However,  I truly don't know what I would have done had this happened without my mom around.  Lucy barely noticed I was gone since Nanny Sue took her on so many adventures.  And on top of it, my mom managed to take care of me, too.  Amazing, moms are.

Seriously mom, you saved the day.

Thank goodness things are back to normal and Lucy didn't catch what I had.

Lucy exploring at the Cape.  Mama who?

Comments

amy said…
1. oh noes!! vomiting is my worst fear, you know. and vomiting + having to take care of baby? i can't even imagine...thank the LAWD your mom was there!!

2. SHE IS SO DELICIOUS. is she wearing skinny jeans?? and look at those curly curly locks! xo
Anonymous said…
you and Lucy are amazing! I still had a great time and was glad I was there to help. We will do it again soon! the vaca part!

Love, Mom aka Na Na Sue
Nikki said…
Oh yes, the girl loves her skinny jeans! GAP has such cute ones.
Juro said…
Sorry about the macaroon torture - I meant well :)

Popular Posts