SONOGRAM!!

I am totally floored right now. Today was the sonogram appointment and I don’t know if I can explain to you how insane and amazing it was. I’m also going to make it quick because I’m excited and hungry for dinner tonight... Here’s why.

I laid on the table half naked in the dark sonogram room waiting for the technician for I don’t know, an ETERNITY, Nat and I looking at each other wondering how many times the sun had gone down and come up again before Cathy finally came in. We were a little anxious to see the baby, find out the sex, have a full evaluation on the development of all the organs and bones and aortas and fingers and toes... but Cathy was a doll and talked us through everything and complimented how beautiful our baby’s parts are. And they are!

(S)he loved showing off his/her profile and even posed for a thoughtful moment with its hand on its chin! We got a thumbs up from Thing (literally) and could see fingers and toes, a beating heart, ribs, spine, eyes and a tiny nose and mouth. (I need to fiddle with my scanner, but I’ll post the pictures as soon as I can remember how to use it!)

Our baby is healthy and developing well, especially those big feet.

And YES, the doctor was able to determine the gender, and said so with conviction. We turned away to let Thing have HIS OR HER! privacy with the doctor, had her write it down and seal it in an envelope, which we’re opening over dinner at one of our favorite restaurants tonight.

The next blog post will be a big one! The envelope please...

Comments

aimee.s.s. said…
For real? For real? We have been followin your blog along anxiously awaiting for this very moment...and you leave us with a cliff hanger ...how rude honestly how rude
Nikki said…
YES! Like a crappy daytime television show, isn't it?

Popular Posts