Survey says...

Congratulations to my lovely friend/blogger, Michaela, who got engaged last week! She’s in town visiting so yesterday we ran around all day like old times. Here's Michaela and Caroline dancing like white girls at my wedding in September.


As you'll see from Mic's blog, there's this virus going around called blog surveys. I have been hit. Here's mine.

What's your current obsession?
Getting punched by my baby.

What's your weirdest obsession?
Reorganizing and redecorating our apartment in my mind. I could get lost staring into a room trying to figure out exactly how I’d like it laid out once all construction ceases, the dust settles, and we can clean and start “living” in here. Also, I spend a ton of time on modern design blogs like Apartment Therapy, Ohdeedoh, and Design Sponge.

What are you wearing today?
OK, cheeky. At this very moment, PJs and glasses. It’s Sunday morning.

Why is today special?
Because it's Sunday and I have no commitments. That means I can do things like relax, clean, and take a walk... or just loaf around for the next 12 hours. I’m not one who underestimates the power of loafing.

What would you like to learn to do?
Take great photographs. Cook without recipes. Speak Japanese.

What's for dinner today?
Great question. That’s 12 hours away so I have a good 45 meals in the meantime that I need to figure out first.

What's the last thing you bought?
Clothes yesterday in Newburyport: a cardigan, summer dress, leggings, tank top, tee, and skirt. I have been wearing my non-maternity tops, but just can’t do it anymore. Changing weather + eternally growing belly = need for more yardage of fabric.

What's your favorite weather?
Heat with a warm breeze, but ANYTHING NOT COLD WILL DO.

What's your most challenging goal right now?
Getting things done despite my size and fatigue. For example, tying my shoes requires impossible contortions and a nap.

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Michaela! A great friend and I’m so happy she is engaged to a great guy. She’s true to herself, spontaneous, open-minded, uplifting, and has amazing hair. You snagged a good one, Jim.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
I’d like to have a more exotic answer, but the truth would be Brooklyn. Loft in Park Slope, please.

Favorite vacation spot?
Turks & Caicos. I’d love for Nat and I to relive our first vacation there someday. Put down the spleen and you can come too, Baby F.

What would you like to have in your hands right now?
A pint of Toscanini’s Cocoa Pudding ice cream. If you haven’t tried this, well then you’re just living half a life.

What would you like to get rid of?
CLUTTER. The new storage in our apartment is going to make our lives more peaceful – especially after I throw things away.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A sunny secluded beach with my husband and no one else to witness the fact that I look like none other than the Cool-Aid guy.

What's your favorite thing about the city you live in?
Boston is a great city. It’s not overwhelming like Manhattan or spread out like Chicago or LA. It’s manageable so you can really get to know all it’s neighborhoods, but so filled with change that it’ll never feel small town (even after the 10 years I’ve lived here). The people here are a loyal, gritty, and authentic breed. There is so much education, intelligence, and interesting history far beyond the well-known Revolutionary War era relics all over the city. Boston will always be sentimental to me, since this is where Nat and I started our adventure together. I’m a little sappy this morning. I think I need food.

If you had $150 to spend right now, what would you spend it on?
Goodies from Etsy!

Do you admire anyone's style?
Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, my sister.

Describe your personal style.
Eclectic non-preppy.

What are three live shows that you have seen?
Cirque du Soleil LOVE, Neil Diamond, The Unbelievable Rage Of The Kung-Fu Pregnant Belly (performing live nightly for the next 9 weeks).

And now, I must tag a blogger friend to also post these answers (or else The Ghost will come through the computer and kill you). I expect to see your answers Jess MacTaggart! Don't take your chances with The Ghost.

Comments

aimee.s.s. said…
power loafing. love it.
Amanda said…
I've taken my loafing for granted. Now I feel blessed when I work from noon to 8pm, instead of 7am to 3pm on Sundays. Did I mention I'm 20 and supposed to be good for nothing and living off dad's checkbook? I've acquired bad karma in a past life.
Lindsey said…
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A sunny secluded beach with my husband and no one else to witness the fact that I look like none other than the Cool-Aid guy.

Oh yeah!
Unknown said…
awww, you're too sweet!!! it was so nice seeing you and rhiney this weekend! i was sad to leave yesterday. :(
CH said…
I promise I don't do that dance THAT often. BTW that dance was "The Sprinkler"...... it really should never happen again. Agreed.

Popular Posts